| The Tonto National Forest, Arizona, embraces almost 3 million acres of rugged and spectacularly beautiful country, ranging from Saguaro cactus-studded desert to pine-forested mountains beneath the Mogollon Rim. This variety in vegetation and range in altitude (from 1,300 to 7,900 feet) offers outstanding recreational opportunities throughout the year, whether it's lake beaches or cool pine forest.
As the fifth largest forest in the United States, the Tonto National Forest is one of the most-visited forests in the U.S. (approximately 5.8 million visitors annually). Its boundaries are Phoenix to the south, the Mogollon Rim to the north and the San Carlos and Fort Apache Indian reservations to the east.
Salt River Permit Information
- Starting February 10, 2016 at 3:00 PM EST the Salt River Lottery Permits will be available for purchase! CLICK HERE now to purchase your permits!
- Starting February 1, 2016 when someone cancels, or is forfeited for failing to pay within three weeks of their launch date, the date will be posted on http://cancellations.saltriverpermits.com
- Anyone who wants a permit for an available date, can submit a mini lottery application.
- 48 hours after the permit date is initially posted, a random drawing will be held among the interested parties. Successful and unsuccessful parties will be notified by email.
- Permits that are unclaimed or unpaid for within 10 days of the permitted launch date will be available on the first come first serve webpage at: http://lastminute.saltriverpermits.com/
Now, Buy and Print for immediate use! Save time and money! With a Tonto Day Pass, visitors can access the Tonto National Forest on a single day. Day passes can work well for those individuals who only plan on visiting the Tonto National Forest a few times a year.
One sticker must be permanently affixed to a Tonto Daily Pass for each watercraft that the vehicle tows or otherwise carries to the lake. "Watercraft" is defined as any floating device that requires registration with the Arizona Game and Fish Department.